Model Career


As you guys can notice, I've been enjoying the digital art a lot. So here is an interview with a 43 years old men who lives in Nottinghamshire and enjoys artistic things including theatre, galleries and garden design. His name is Andrew Baily and he has a studio called Model Career that produces portfolios for new and existing models with a differential: it creates amazing images with a fantasy touch. It's like having a tour to the fairy tale world. Check out the interview.  

Como vocês podem notar, eu tenho gostado muito de arte digital. Portanto, aqui está uma entrevista com um homem de 43 anos de idade que mora em Nottinghamshire e gosta de coisas artísticas, incluindo teatro, galerias e design de jardim. O nome dele é Andrew Baily e ele tem um estúdio chamado Model Career que faz portfolios para os novos modelos existentes com um diferencial:  cria imagens surpreendentes com um toque de fantasia. É como ter uma viagem ao mundo dos contos de fada. Confira a entrevista.


How is the creative process of your pictures?
My creative process is usually an organic thing and it grows as I play around with the image. Most of my works start with a single element of the image being the original inspiration and it goes from there. I do sometimes pre plan artworks and they usually can be identified because they are the busier and more complicated of my images and lack the spontaneity of the others.

What inspires you?
I grew up reading and collecting fantasy science fiction novels and I guess I never got away from the romance and magic of it all.

What did motivate you to start the digital art thing?
I am a trained artist and tried to make a living selling my work, but had limited success for the amount of effort that was put in .So, I moved into photography and portraits which led me into photographing models and trying to give them something unique and different, which I found by incorporating them into scenes I remembered from books I had read and created them digitally.

How does it work the Model Career studio?
Model career produces portfolios for new and existing models giving each a set of images to the highest standard I can attain and incorporating at least one of my fantasy images to give them something to stand out from the crowd.

How did you learn everything?
Everything I learnt photographically and digitally have been self taught. I opened my first photography studio in 2003 after buying and using a camera for the first time the week before. (a fuji finepix s2 pro).

I saw that you don't like to use backgrounds for stock images. So how do you create your own background?
I carry a small canon 500d pretty much everywhere I go and shoot as much as I can to add to my library of images and if I can’t find the scene I want, I combine images and create it.

What's your favorite picture among the ones you've taken?
I have many favorites and for different reasons, but to pick one that fits into my category of faves, I will choose once so grand as it encompasses fantasy with many of its elements, including a beautiful princess.

What program do you use to edit your photos?
At work I use cs5 and at home I am still using cs3 (must update it soon)

Tell me: a music and a book
The Lord of the Rings. both as a book and movies.

___________________________________________________________________

Como é o processo criativo das suas imagens?
Meu processo criativo é geralmente uma coisa orgânica e cresce conforme eu brinco pela imagem. A maioria dos meus trabalhos começa com um único elemento da imagem sendo a inspiração original e assim vai. Eu às vezes faço pré-planos de obras de arte e elas podem ser identificadas, porque são as que tomam mais tempo e as mais complicadas e ainda, carecem da espontaneidade das outras.

O que te inspira?
Eu cresci lendo e colecionando livros de fantasia e acho que eu nunca me distanciei do romance e da magia de tudo aquilo.

O que te motivou a começar a fazer arte digital?
Eu sou um artista treinado e tentei ganhar a vida vendendo meus trabalhos, mas houve um sucesso limitado para a quantidade de esforço que era posta. Então, eu mudei para a fotografia que me levou a fotografar modelos e tentar dar a eles alguma coisa única e diferente, a qual eu encontrei incorporando-os em cenas que eu me lembrava de livros que já havia lido e criado digitalmente.

Como funciona o estudio Model Career?
O Model Career produz portfólios para novos modelos existentes, dando a cada um deles um set de imagens do mais alto padrão que eu possa atingir e incorporando ao menos uma das minhas imagens de fantasia para que eles se destaquem na multidão.

Como você aprendeu tudo?
Tudo que eu aprendi fotograficamente e digitalmente foi autodidata. Eu abri meu primeiro estúdio de fotografia em 2003 após comprar e usar a câmera pela primeira vez uma semana antes. ( uma Fuji finepix s2 pro)

Eu percebi que você não gosta de usar fundos de estoques de imagem. Como você cria seu próprio fundo?
Eu carrego uma pequena Canon 500d para quase todo lugar que vou e tiro tantas fotos quanto posso para adicionar a minha biblioteca de imagem e se eu não conseguir achar a cena que eu quero, eu combino imagens e crio.

Qual é a sua foto favorita dentre as que você tirou?
Eu tenho muitas favoritas e por diferentes razões, mas para pegar uma que se encaixe na minha categoria de favoritas, eu escolherei uma que seja tão grandiosa que englobe fantasia e muitos de seus elementos, incluindo uma linda princesa.

Qual programa você usa para editar suas fotos?
No trabalho eu uso o Photoshop CS5 e em casa eu ainda uso o CS3 (preciso atualizá-lo logo)

Diga-me: um livro e um filme
O Senhor dos Anéis, tanto como livro quanto filme.




Model Career link:
Flickr

10 comentários:

  1. These images are stunning! Great interview too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice pictures !
    i'm following u !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant artist! Exactly my style! Love reading his interview! I'm so inspired by him and admire him even more because he's self-taught! xoxoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fantastical photos! Very artistic and magical!

    invasionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures, the first one is sooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. baby, i love your style!
    you are so cute!

    i'm following you!

    a lot of kisses from poland! :*

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

About