Whitney Shoots


Whitney is a photographer born in Texas and raised in Wisconsin. She moved to Florida when she was 12 and have lived there since. With ballet references, a lot of her pictures makes you sigh just seeing their delicacy. Because of her 4 brothers and 1 sister, everything in her house was always very busy and fun. Besides she being homeschooled, which developed in her a great hability to learn photograph on her on. Anyway, here is an interview with this lovely person and I hope you guys enjoy!  

Whitney é uma fotógrafa nascida no Texas e criada em Wisconsin. Ela se mudou para a Flórida, quando ela tinha 12 anos e tem vivido desde então. Com referências no balé, muitas de suas fotos te fazem suspirar apenas vendo sua delicadeza. Devido a seus 4 irmãos e uma irmã, tudo em sua casa sempre foi muito agitado e divertido.Além de ela ser educada em casa, o que desenvolveu sua grande habilidade de aprender fotografia sozinha. Enfim, aqui está uma entrevista com esta adorável pessoa e espero que vocês gostem!


 
What inspires you?
Wow, so many things! A song, a good book or just being outside and feeling a breeze run through my hair or the sunshine on my face, they all make me want to create. But the main thing that inspires me is my imagination! So many people lose that when they get older, I held on to mine. I may not play princess outside anymore, but I make myself one in a photo... 

I saw that your photos have a great reference in ballet. Do you dance?
I used to dance. I was a ballerina for 16 years and I decided to quit when I realized my true goal in life was to be an artist/photographer. I miss ballet, but I still get to dance in my photos and of course in my kitchen ;)  

When did your taste for photograph start?
It all started when my dad brought his work camera home. It was the first digital camera I had ever held, and I just knew then that I loved photography. I was 12 then, I used to dress my sister up as a fairy and make her pose for me.
 

How is the shooting day? What time do you start preparing things?
I usually shoot around 4pm, if it's one of my self portrait shoots. It takes me about 20 minutes to get everything ready. If there’s a lot of setup, it can take me an hour to get everything how I want. If I am doing a shoot and I have a model, it's a whole different setup and it can take a few more hours to get a great photograph.
 

Did you learn everything by yourself or did you study for that?
I taught myself everything I know! Teaching myself photoshop was easy, learning how to use a DSLR was a little harder. Back in January I started a camera class, which taught me a few more things, so I guess I can't take full credit for teaching myself. I guess being homeschooled helps when it comes to self teaching.
 

What do you prefer: to model or to photograph?
I would have to say I prefer photographing. I love modeling, but when I am photographing I feel like I am achieving more. But I plan on doing big things with both! 

Does your full time is occupied with photograph or do you do other things?
Well, other than photographing... I am usually working, dancing at a nightclub or spending time with my family. But photography is my main thing. 

What's the time for a photoshoped picture get ready?
It depends... sometimes it takes me 15 minutes and other times it can take an hour or more. 

Tell me: a song, a book, a movie and a quotation

Song: One by Swedish House Mafia

Book: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Movie: The Lord of the Rings

Quote: “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. Because it’s only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles, wood rots, people, well, they die. But things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on."

__________________________________

O que te inspira?
Wow, tantas coisas! Uma música, um bom livro ou só de estar fora de casa e sentir a brisa correndo pelo meu cabelo ou o sol no meu rosto, tudo isso me faz  querer criar. Mas o que realmente me inspira é a minha imaginação! Tantas pessoas a perdem quando envelhecem, eu agarrei a minha. Eu posso não brincar mais de princesa lá fora, mas eu o faço
em uma de minhas fotos.

Percebi  que suas fotos têm uma grande referência no ballet. Você dança?
Eu costumava dançar. Eu fui uma bailarina por 16 anos e decidi parar quando percebi que o meu verdadeiro objetivo na vida era ser uma artista/fotógrafa. Eu sinto falta do ballet, mas eu ainda danço em minhas fotos e é claro na minha cozinha ;)

Quando o seu gosto por fotografia começou?
Tudo começou quando meu pai trouxe a sua câmera de trabalho para casa. Era a primeira câmera digital que eu já havia segurado, e eu só sabia naquele instante que eu amava fotografia. Eu tinha 12 anos então, costumava vestir minha irmã como uma fada e fazê-la posar para mim.
  
Como é o dia de tirar fotos? A que horas você começa a preparar as coisas?
Eu geralmente tiro fotos umas 4 da tarde, se é um retrato meu. Eu demoro uns 20 minutos para deixar tudo pronto. Se há muitas coisas para ajeitar, pode levar uma hora para deixar tudo como eu quero. Se eu estou fazendo uma sessão e eu tenho uma modelo, é uma configuração totalmente diferente e pode levar algumas horas a mais para ter uma boa fotografia.

Você aprendeu tudo sozinha ou você estudou para isso?
Eu ensinei-me tudo o que sei! Ensinar-me fotografia foi fácil, mas aprender a usar um DSLR foi um pouco difícil. De volta a Janeiro, eu comecei uma aula de fotografia, que me ensinou algumas coisas a mais, então eu acho que não posso dar-me todos os créditos por ensinar-me. Eu acho que ser educada em casa me ajudou no quesito ensino próprio.

O que você prefere: posar ou fotografar?
Eu diria que eu prefiro fotografar. Eu amo posar, mas quando estou fotografando eu sinto como se eu estivesse alcançando mais. Porém, eu planejo fazer grandes coisas com os dois!

-    Todo o seu tempo é ocupado pela fotografia ou você faz outras coisas?
Bem, além de fotografar… eu geralmente estou trabalhando, dançando em um clube noturno ou ficando com minha família. Mas fotografia é o principal.

Quanto tempo leva para uma foto no photoshop ficar pronta?
Depende... Às vezes leva 15 minutos e outras vezes pode levar uma hora ou mais.

Diga-me: uma música, um filme e uma citação

Música: One – Swedish House Mafia

Livro: Jane Eyre – Charlotte Bronte

Filme: O senhor dos anéis

Citação: “O irreal é mais poderoso que o real, porque nada é tão perfeito quanto você possa imaginar. São apenas idéias intangíveis, conceitos, crenças, fantasias que duram. Pedras se desmoronam, madeira apodrece e pessoas, bem, elas morrem. Porém, coisas frágeis como um pensamento, um sonho e uma lenda, eles podem ir em frente.”


Whitney's flickr 

6 comentários:

  1. Thank you for interviewing her! She's so talented! The ballet references are so dreamy and ethereal in her photos and my favorite is the second one! xxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. que fotos mais lindas, adorei a suavidade delas!
    beeijo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, amazing photos, I especially like the 3 last ones !
    Thanks for your comment :)


    xxx


    www.coralieslooks.com - FRENCH FASHION BLOG

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

About