Aiste Tiriute


Aiste Tiriute is a 20 years old photographer from Lithuania. She is now living and studying photography in London. Obsessed with redheads, autumn, witchcraft, mysticism, forests, flowers and vintage dresses, her photos are a diving into a world of fairy tale and fantasy.

Aiste Tiriute é uma fotógrafa de 20 anos da Lituânia que mora e estuda fotografia em Londres. Obcecada por por ruivas, outono, bruxaria, misticismo, florestas e vestidos retrô, suas fotos são um mergulho em um mundo de contos de fada e fantasia.




Where do you seek inspiration?

I don't really look for inspiration, usually the inspiration comes to me and every time it does, I make sure to make a note of it in my huuuge list of things I might do in my shoots. So if I can't come up with anything for a while, I can just look through all the things I already had in mind, but didn't do.

How the ideias for a new photoshoot come to your mind?

Inspiration finds me everywhere, so basically, life itself is constantly inspiring me. Something I saw on the street, a sentence I heard, a poem I read, all of my music, movies and books..


How did you get started in this photography world?

When I was 15 I signed up on deviantArt and saw all the young talented photographers and I attempted to do something beautiful too.


How would you describe your photography style?

Dreamy, nostalgic fairytale


How is the production of your photos? Shooting day, hair, make up,clothes etc

My photo shoots before this autumn included only me and the model, so I did the styling (mostly using my own or model's clothes), also the make up, photography and the editing. I just liked to do things all by myself, be in control, and that way you can really connect more with a model. So before I usually planned the photo shoot the week before the actual date. Sometimes I even come up with a photoshoot in the evening and do it the next day, if the model is available. But now I want to work more with other people, make up artists, stylists, so I plan the shoots few weeks ahead. On the shooting day make up and hair usually takes 1h-1h30, then we can shoot till the sun goes down (because it's really hard to let my camera down, so I do it until I just can't take pictures anymore ;D). Though I'm quite bad with the editing part, it can take me a lot of time, because I like to edit most of the pictures from the photo shoot.


Do you have any plans for the future? 

Not anything in particular, just take a lot of pictures.


Who are your favourite photographers?

Paolo Roversi, Tim Walker, Candace Meyer, Gemma Booth, Eugenio Recuenco and many many others, and all the young photographers I follow everywhere on the web.







Do you have a favourite photoshoot?If yes, why is it so important to you? 

My favorite is probably the same one a lot of people seem to like the best too - "Burn our souls, release the wicked". I'm just really obsessed with redheads, autumn, witchcraft, mysticism, forests, flowers and vintage dresses and all of it comes together in that photo shoot.


Do you use photoshop for some color or light correction or for other things? 

Usually I just edit the tones, colors and brightness, but I work more on certain pictures (retouching the skin, hair anything else I don't particularly like). I edit all my pictures while they're in RAW format and then edit them further in photoshop. Once I edit the first few and determine the colors the editing gets quicker.


Tell me: a music, a book, a movie and a quotation

Can I say a few? ;D I just can't possibly answer this question, too many things that I like..


Music: I listen mostly to alternative, indie, classic rock, doom metal and folk music, you can see all of my bands in my last.fm


Books: The Stranger, The Idiot, A Wild Sheep Chase and many more


Movies: The Virgin Suicides, Pan's Labyrinth, The Dancer in the Dark


Quote: "I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses." Nietzsche 


__________________

Onde você busca inspiração?

Na verdade, eu não busco inspiração, geralmente ela vem até mim e  sempre que isso acontece, eu me certifico de anotar tudo em minha lista enoooorme  de coisas que eu posso fazer em minhas sessões. Então, se eu não tenho nada para apresentar em algum momento, eu apenas olho para todas as coisas que já tenho em mente, mas ainda não as concretizei. 





Como as idéias para um novo ensaio fotográfico vêm à sua mente?

Inspirações me acham em qualquer lugar, então basicamente, a vida por si mesma está sempre me inspirando. Algo que vi na rua, uma frase que ouvi, um poema que li, todas as minhas músicas, filmes e livros.

Como você entrou para esse mundo da fotografia?

Quando eu tinha 15 anos, abri uma conta no deviantArt e vi todos aqueles jovens fotógrafos talentosos e então, tentei fazer algo bonito também.

Como você descreveria seu estilo fotográfico?

Sonhador, um conto de fadas nostálgico.

Como é a produção de suas fotos? O dia de fotografar, cabelo, maquiagem, roupas etc

Meus ensaios fotográficos antes deste outono incluíam apenas eu e a modelo, então fiz o styling (na maioria das vezes usando as roupas de minhas próprias modelos), a maquiagem, fotografia e edição. Eu apenas gostei de fazer tudo sozinha, estar no controle, e desse jeito você realmente consegue se conectar melhor com a modelo. Então, antes eu geralmente planejo o ensaio uma semana antes da data real. Às vezes, eu até penso em uma ensaio à noite para fazer no dia seguinte, se a modelo está disponível.  Porém,  agora eu quero trabalhar mais com outras pessoas, maquiadores, estilistas, então planejo as fotos algumas semanas antes. No dia do ensaio, a maquiagem  e cabelo levam 1h-1h30, então podemos fotografar até o sol se por (porque é realmente difícil eu me desfazer de minha câmera, então fotografo até não poder mais ;D). Entretanto, eu sou muito ruim com a parte de edição, o que pode tomar muito tempo, porque gosto de editar a maioria das fotos do ensaio.

Você tem planos para o futuro?

Nada em particular, somente tirar muitas fotos.

Quem são seus fotógrafos favoritos?

Paolo Roversi, Tim Walker, Candace Meyer, Gemma Booth, Eugenio Recuenco e muitos outros, e também todos os jovens fotógrafos que sigo em todo lugar da web. 

Você tem algum ensaio favorite? Por que é tão importante para você?

Meu favorito é provavelmente o mesmo que todos também parecem gostar mais  – “Queimem nossas almas, libertem o perverso”. Eu sou muito obcecada por ruivas, outono, bruxaria, misticismo, florestas e vestidos retrô e tudo isso se combina naquele ensaio.

Você utiliza photoshop para alguma correção da cor ou luz ou outras coisas?

Geralmente eu apenas edito os tons, cores e brilho, mas eu trabalho mais em algumas fotos retocando a pele, cabelo ou alguma outra coisa que eu particularmente não gosto. Eu edito minhas fotos enquanto estão em formato RAW e então as edito mais no photoshop. Um vez que eu editei as primeiras e determinei as cores, a edição torna-se mais rápida.



Diga-me: uma música, um livro, um filme e uma citação

Posso dizer alguns? ;D Eu não posso responder a essa questão, gosto de tantas coisas.

Música: Eu ouço mais alternativo, indie,classic rock, doom metal e folk músic. Você pode ver todas as minhas bandas em meu last.fm

Livros:  O Estrangeiro (L’étranger), O Idiota, Caçando Carneiros e muitos outros.

Filmes:  As Virgens Suicidas, O Labirinto do Fauno, Dançando no escuro

Citação: “ Eu sou uma floresta, e uma noite de árvores negras: mas aquele que não tem medo de minha escuridão, encontrará bancos de rosas embaixo de meus ciprestes.” Nietzsche































Aiste links:
Flickr 
DeviantArt
Last.fm

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About