Kyle Galvin


Profile:

Well, I’m British. I have an addiction to American teen dramas. I’m a bit of a bowling king. I live in village that feels so excluded from the rest of the world that it may as be in another continent. I’m an avid Harry Potter fan. I seem to love anything remotely to do with Zombies. Swear too much. Practically live in the cinema. I tend to relate life experiences to moments I’ve watched on TV shows. I go to college but not as much as I should do. Oh and I take photos of fashion models.
Perfil:
Bem, sou britânico. Tenho uma obsessão por filmes americanos teen. Sou um pouco rei do boliche. Vivo em um vilarejo que parece ser excluído do resto do mundo, como se fosse outro continente. Sou um fã ávido de Harry Potter. Eu pareço gostar de tudo que me lembre zumbis. Juro demasiadamente. Praticamente vivo no cinema. Eu tendo a relacionar momentos vividos com momentos que assisti em programas de TV. Vou à faculdade, mas não tanto quanto eu deveria. Oh e tiro fotos de fashion models.





What inspires you?
Beauty. Old Hollywood glamour. Cinema. Successful young people.
How did your affair with photography get started?
During high school, I entered some online self-portrait photographic competitions. Each week you got set a theme and had to take a self-portrait that related to the set theme and then each week a contestant was eliminated until you eventually had a winner. I’m a really competitive person so I always used to get a bit of an adrenaline rush on the results night and just enjoyed taking the photos. I never used to win but I used to always get narrowed down to at least the final four contestants. It was nothing huge, just mucking around. I always liked art but I hadn’t really found the medium that I enjoyed working with effortlessly and had never tried photography but thought it looked fun.
With photography I felt like I actually could start creating something that was actually creative; which I lacked in traditional fine art. I just think I really took to photography and I think my work seemed to progress in technical ability quite rapidly because by seventeen after only having been photographing for a couple of years, I was casting at one of the leading agencies in Britain; Elite London.
What made you choose to work with fashion?
You know it’s ironic because I was actually the least fashionable person in high school and I don’t think anyone expected me to work in the fashion industry. Now, I don’t think anyone can imagine me in any other industry.
The first thing that inspired me to work with fashion was Tim Walker. I know everyone loves Tim Walker. So they should, he’s absolutely amazing. He taught me that fashion photography was the type of photography that allowed the most creativity and at first the creativity was what made me choose fashion. However, when I was researching for photograph concepts, I think I started to realise that it was actually the clothes and the models that I loved about fashion photography. My taste in photography became richer and I realised that I personally wanted to shoot less conceptual work and work that was a lot more editorial.
So I think what really made me choose to work with fashion was firstly, the models. The beautiful women who had an other worldly beauty and the style and people dressing to look super fly.
It’s changed me as a person. Now every month I’ll buy then new issue of GQ, read up on the fashion industry news on models.com and I’m happy with the direction my photographic work has taken. I chose to work with fashion because I’m obsessed with it.
Who are your favourite fashion photographers?
Tim Walker, Mert & Marcus, Kai Z Feng, Damon Baker, Grant Thomas, Nirrimi Firebrace, Eleanor Hardwick, Elliot and Erick Jimenez
What camera and equipment do you use?
Canon 550d, a 50mm F/1.4 lens and natural light if shooting on location. If shooting indoors, my on camera flash and a flashgun but usually just my on camera, pop up flash because I prefer the results.
Do you have a favorite photograph among the ones you’ve taken?




This image of Sophie Dickens @ Models 1. It was shot in a back alley in China Town and she just knew how to move in front of the camera. I think it’s my favourite because generally people who see it think it’s really editorial.
As a photographer, what pleases you?
Evocative images full of whimsical beauty. 
…and Victoria’s Secret.
What are your goals as a fashion photographer? 
At the moment, I’m just trying to polish up the stylistic aspects of my work to get it to a really high editorial standard. Once I think I’ve reached that it will then be to sign with an agent. After that editorially I’d really like to shoot an editorial for ELLE. I don’t think my work will ever be polished enough for Vogue. I’d love to shoot a campaign for Miu Miu too. The ultimate goal in my career would be to be able to make a living from being a high end fashion photographer.
Tell me, music, a book, a movie and a quotation.
Music - As in my favourite song? It would have to be ‘Between the Bars by Elliot Smith’
A Book - Well, I’m reading ‘The Hunger Games’ trilogy at the moment, which I’m really enjoying.
A Movie – Obsessed with ‘In Time’ with Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried at the moment.
A Quotation – ‘If you’re from Africa, why are you white?’ – Karen, Mean Girls (film, 2004)
__________
O que te inspira?
Beleza.O glamour da velha Hollywood. Cinema. Jovens bem sucedidos.
Quando o seu affair com a fotografia começou?
Durante o ensino médio, entrei em algumas competições online de auto-retrato. A cada semana, você tinha um tema e tinha que tirar um auto-retrato que se relacionasse com este tema e então toda semana um participante era eliminado até você eventualmente ter um vencedor. Eu sou uma pessoa muito competitiva, então eu sempre costumava ficar um pouco agitado na noite dos resultados e apenas gostava de tirar as fotos. Eu nunca costumava vencer, mas eu sempre costumava ficar entre, pelo menos, os quatro participantes finais. Não era nada grande, apenas passando o tempo. Sempre gostei de artes, mas eu ainda não tinha achado um meio de que eu gostasse de trabalhar esforçadamente e também, nunca tinha tentado a fotografia, o que pareceu divertido.
Com a fotografia, eu senti como se eu pudesse começar a criar algo que era realmente criativo, o que me faltava na arte tradicional.  Eu apenas penso que realmente levei-me à fotografia e acho que meu trabalho pareceu progredir em habilidades técnicas rapidamente, porque com 17 anos, apenas tirando fotos por dois anos, fui chamado por uma das agencias lideres na Grã-Bretanha; Elite London.
O que te fez escolher trabalhar com fotografia de moda?
Sabe, é irônico, porque na verdade eu era a pessoa menos fashion no colégio e  acho que ninguém esperava que eu fosse trabalhar com a indústria da moda. Agora, eu não acho que possam me imaginar em outro negócio.
A primeira coisa que me inspirou a trabalhar com moda foi Tim Walker. Eu sei que todos amam Tim Walker. E deveriam, ele é absolutamente fabuloso. Ele me ensinou que a fotografia de moda era o tipo de fotografia que permitia mais criatividade e em primeiro lugar, a criatividade era o que me fazia escolher a moda. No entanto, quando eu estava pesquisando por conceitos fotográficos, acho que comecei a perceber que eram na verdade as roupas e as modelos o que eu amava na fotografia de moda. Meu gosto em fotografia tornou-se mais rico e eu percebi que pessoalmente, eu queria fotografar menos conceito e trabalhos que eram mais editoriais.
Então, eu acho que o que realmente me fez escolher trabalhar com moda foram, primeiramente, as modelos. As lindas mulheres que tinham uma beleza sobrenatural e o estilo e as pessoas vestindo-se para parecer “super fly”.
Mudou-me como pessoa. Agora todo mês eu compro a nova GQ, leio as novidades da indústria da moda no models.com e estou feliz com a direção que minha fotografia tomou. Escolhi trabalhar com moda porque sou obcecado por isso.
Quem são seus fotógrafos de moda favoritos?
Tim Walker, Mert & Marcus, Kai Z Feng, Damon Baker, Grant Thomas, Nirrimi Firebrace, Eleanor Hardwick, Elliot and Erick Jimenez
Quais equipamentos e câmera você usa?
Canon 550d, lente 50mm F/1.4 e luz natural em lugares abertos. Se eu fotografo em ambientes fechados, uso o flash da câmera e outro flash, mas geralmente uso apenas o flash que está acoplado na câmera, porque prefiro seus resultados.
Você tem uma fotografia preferida dentre as que tirou?

Esta imagem de Sophie Dicken @ Models1. Foi fotografado em um beco em Chinatown e ela apenas sabia como se comportar em frente a câmera. Eu acho que é meu favorito, porque geralmente as pessoas que vêem pensam que é um editorial.
Como fotógrafo, o que te satisfaz?
Imagens evocativas cheias de beleza extravagante.
... e Victoria’s Secret.
Quais são seus objetivos como fotógrafo de moda?
No momento, estou apenas tentando polir os aspectos estilísticos de meu trabalho para chegar a um padrão de editorial muito alto. Uma vez que eu achar ter atingido isso, será a hora de assinar com um agente. Depois desse editorial, eu adoraria de fotografar um para a ELLE. Eu não acho que meu trabalho será algum dia polido o bastante para a Vogue. Gostaria de fotografar uma campanha para a Miu Miu também. O objetivo final na minha carreira seria estar apto a ganhar a vida sendo um grande fotógrafo de moda.
Diga: uma música, um livro, um filme e uma citação
Música - Como minha música predileta? Seria  ‘Between the Bars de Elliot Smith’
Um livro - Bem, estou lendo "Jogos Vorazes" a trilogia do momento e eu estou realmente gostando.
Um filme - Estou obcecado por "O preço do amanhã" com Justin Timberlake e Amanda Seyfried , no momento.
Uma citação - "Se você veio da África, por que é branca?" - Karen, Mean Girls ( filme, 2004)







Kyle's links:
Flickr
Twitter
Website

0 comentários:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

About